California Consumer Privacy Rights
1. Purpose and General Principles.
- The purpose of this California-specific Statement of Consumer Privacy Rights (“Statement”) is to provide California Consumers with a description of the rights of California Consumers regarding their Personal Information under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
- This Statement applies only to persons who are residents of the State of California (including those who call California “home” but are outside the state for a temporary or transitory purpose), referred to herein as California Consumers. It does not otherwise apply to persons who live in other states, and the rights and privileges set forth in this Statement are not available to such other persons.
- For the purposes of CCPA and this Statement, the words “Sell,” “Selling,” “Sale” or “Sold” are defined broadly to mean selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring or otherwise communicating the Personal Information of a California Consumer to another person for money or other valuable consideration.
- This Statement was last updated on January 1, 2020.
2. Your Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Used, Disclosed or Sold by CrimeSignal.com.
- California Consumers have the right to know about the Personal Information that CrimeSignal.com collects, uses, discloses, and Sells. This is sometimes called the “Right to Know.”
- For instructions on submitting a Request to Know, a description of the process CrimeSignal.com will use to verify your request and any information you will have to provide in support of such a verified request, see Section 4.
- CrimeSignal.com’s Collection, Sources, Uses and Sale of Personal Information.
3. Your Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information.
- California Consumers have a right to request the deletion of their Personal Information collected or maintained by CrimeSignal.com.
- For instructions on submitting a Request to Delete, and a description of the process CrimeSignal.com will use to verify your request, including any information you will have to provide in support of such a verified request, see Section 4 immediately below.
4. Instructions for Submitting a Verifiable Consumer Request to Know or a Verifiable Request to Delete.
You can submit a Request to Know or a Request to Delete your Personal Information by taking the following actions:
- For Request to Know : Click on the following link: https://crimesignal.com/rta
- For Request to Delete : Click on the following link: https://crimesignal.com/rtd
For either request, complete the authentication required in order to verify your identity, which may include an affidavit.
Your Request to Know or Request to Delete will have to be verified before CrimeSignal.com can act upon it. A verified Request to Know or Request to Delete is called a “Verifiable Consumer Request”. Upon successful submission of a Verifiable Consumer Request, CrimeSignal.com will promptly begin working on your request. You will receive notification upon completion.
NOTE : CrimeSignal.com may retain the services of a third party to assist us with the validation process. Data submitted by you during the authentication process will not be provided to CrimeSignal.com or retained by the third party.
5. Your Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information.
- California Consumers have a right to opt-out of the sale of their Personal Information by CrimeSignal.com. This is called the “Right to Opt-out.”
- To exercise your Right to Opt-out, please complete and file the webform available at https://crimesignal.com/do-not-sell
6. CrimeSignal.com Will Not Discriminate Against You for Exercising Your Privacy Rights.
- California Consumers have a right to be free of discriminatory treatment by any business for exercising their privacy rights under the CCPA.
- CrimeSignal.com will not discriminate against you in any way, including but not limited to denying you goods or services available to others, charging you different prices or providing you with a different quality of goods or services.
7. Authorized Agent.
- California Consumers can authorize another person to make a request under the CCPA on the consumer’s behalf.
- You will have to provide written authorization to your Authorized Agent, and upon request either you or your Authorized Agent will have to provide written authorization to CrimeSignal.com to verify your identity and their authority to act for you.
8. Contact for More Information.
For questions or more information about your rights under the CCPA and this Statement of Consumer Privacy Rights, please contact: [email protected].